ยินดีต้อนรับคุณ, บุคคลทั่วไป กรุณา เข้าสู่ระบบ หรือ ลงทะเบียน

เข้าสู่ระบบด้วยชื่อผู้ใช้ รหัสผ่าน และระยะเวลาในเซสชั่น

การค้นหาขั้นสูง

149730 กระทู้ ใน 4436 หัวข้อ- โดย 847 สมาชิก - สมาชิกล่าสุด: axlrose

17 พฤษภาคม 2024 | 09:51:01 PM
Thai Progressive Rock CommunityThaiProgKeep Talkingแฟน Dream Theater ทางนี้ครับ
หน้า: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102
พิมพ์
ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: แฟน Dream Theater ทางนี้ครับ  (อ่าน 626851 ครั้ง)
0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้
เพชร วิปลาส
Oxygene
เพศ: ชาย
กระทู้: 2982

วันนี้จะฟังเพลงอะไรดีน้อ...

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #840 เมื่อ: 02 มกราคม 2011 | 01:00:31 PM »

น้าเจมส์เสียใจเรื่องวงจนต้องไปหั่นผม

บันทึกการเข้า

เป็นความทรงจำดีๆที่ครั้งนึงเราเคยไปถึงแกรมมี่มาแล้ว...

เชิญชม collection โมเดลของผม  
ขายซีดี, ดีวีดีเพลง  .  .
TRON
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 12866

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #841 เมื่อ: 02 มกราคม 2011 | 01:08:58 PM »

Awake Theater
Dark Theater
Broken Theater
Back to The Reality
บันทึกการเข้า
ท่านผีเพลง
Voyage Of The Acolyte
กระทู้: 4733

Phantom of the Paradise

ดูรายละเอียด เว็บไซต์ อีเมล์
« ตอบ #842 เมื่อ: 02 มกราคม 2011 | 08:32:41 PM »

All I Have to do is Dream
บันทึกการเข้า

Fog
Blade Runner
กระทู้: 2071

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #843 เมื่อ: 02 มกราคม 2011 | 10:43:09 PM »

Real Theater
บันทึกการเข้า

เพชร วิปลาส
Oxygene

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #844 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 11:55:25 AM »

Jordan Rudess: 'Mike Portnoy Thought He Could Control Dream Theater'

U.K.'s Classic Rock Prog magazine recently spoke to the four remaining members of progressive metal giants Dream Theater — guitarist John Petrucci, vocalist James LaBrie, bassist John Myung and keyboardist Jordan Rudess — about the surprising departure of the band's drummer and founding member, Mike Portnoy. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the August 30 meeting between the DREAM THEATER bandmembers in a New York City hotel room when they first learned that Portnoy wanted to take a break from the group:

Petrucci: "It's definitely a bit surreal and I'm okay, but it's just so weird how things change. Basically, we went into a meeting expecting to talk about details of the studio and when and where, and it took a whole different turn. We were supposed to go into the studio in January and we had actually extended our break a bit so that Mike could finish out the rest of the year [as the touring drummer for] Avenged Sevenfold. Then he brought up that he wanted to take a hiatus. There wasn't anything that led up to it in our minds and it kind of shocked us, you know?! We weren't expecting that at all."

On Portnoy's only proposed solution — for Dream Theater to go on an indefinite hiatus, believing that a break would help to rekindle his enthusiasm for both the Dream Theater machine as well as his relationship with the other members:

Rudess: "Yeah, he was saying a few years, three years, five years, or whatever. I really believe that's what might've been best for him and I'm sure he doesn't want to let go of Dream Theater. Why should he necessarily have to? Of course, there's the reality that there are four other guys who also happen to have Dream Theater as their lives. I think a lot of the problem was with us personally, but to me the vibe within Dream Theater was fine. I mean, so you've got John Myung who wasn't really socializing with us at all anymore, but as I said to Mike, 'Tell me how it's any different to when I first joined this band.' I don't see it. And I've really got no problem with him doing what he's doing with Avenged Sevenfold. I think it's pretty cool going out and playing with a really successful rock group. I just have a little bit of a problem with him thinking that he could control Dream Theater. It's like a captain who is trying to command his ship when he's not even standing on the ship. And all the other guys are just sitting there , cruising along with a guy saying, 'The captain has left the ship. Okay, boys, here's what we're going to do: You're going to take a break.' And they're, like, 'But wait a minute, we're standing on the ship.' But Mike remains our very good friend and I think there's a lot of love there between everyone, really, when it comes down to it. He may have been a little tired of us, but the bigger picture is that we're all brothers."

On Dream Theater's decision to carry on without Mike Portnoy:

Petrucci: "You know, we've known each other for a long time, 25 years-plus, and I love Mike. One of the first things I said was that I was trying to understand where he was coming from and that I don't judge him. Everyone is their own man and I get it. But from my perspective and from that of the other guys, you could take those same elements mentioned by Mike, the fact that we've been a band for 25 years, that this is something that we have built up and that we love, as a reason not to stop it or even take a break."

Myung: "We love what we do and we didn't want to wait around as things became unstable. What was initially a four-month break suddenly turned into a hiatus, then changed to a year and four months, which then could have turned into anyone's guess."

Petrucci: "It was an extremely emotional moment and the whole thing to me is very heartbreaking and very sad. You know, you walk around afterwards going, 'Is this really happening?' It's almost like that feeling when somebody dies. You feel like you're in some kind of weird, limbo dream state and it's hard for me to imagine this band without him. But I think the whole beauty of Dream Theater is the collective nature and everybody has their talents. I think we've always been about more than just one individual and that's part of our strength. Of course we are going to miss Mike a lot, but we move forward, as is our right."

On the fact that Dream Theater is replacing more than just a drummer — Portnoy was the band's mascot, chief interviewee, driver of concepts, selector of setlists and was always at the forefront when the band was deliberating over a musical direction:

LaBrie: "Yes, Mike was all about those things and not to simplify it or belittle it, but that will just have to be something that we allocate to each and every one of us to take over. So that will be a major difference in the band. Instead of one person handling all of those responsibilities, it's going to be spread out over four others."

Rudess: "I guess we're excited about being able to look at all the cool stuff Mike did and spread them around a bit. We've got an amazing team of managers and tour managers, we're all very capable guys and we're not scared. This is not rocket science. This is not curing cancer, this is a rock band, and I think we can handle it."

On whether in a few years time, when all this turbulence has subsided and Portnoy feels sufficiently recharged, he would be welcomed back in Dream Theater:

Petrucci: "You know, I've played with Mike for so long and we have done so many things together that at some point we will play together again, and we told each other that. It would be ridiculous to think that we won't play together again. That's kind of silly. Whether it's in Dream Theater or something else or we reunite down the line, who knows?! If that's the way the planets align and things work out in both of our lives, then I'm certainly open to that. But in the meantime, I think we owe it to ourselves to carry on with focus and intention. Right now, we have to find an ass-kicking drummer…"

Excerpts from Mike Portnoy's interview from the same issue of Classic Rock Prog magazine can be found at this location.
บันทึกการเข้า

เพชร วิปลาส
Oxygene

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #845 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 12:00:52 PM »

Dream Theater Guitarist: 'We Look Ahead To The Future Positively'

Progressive metal giants Dream Theater were inducted into the Long Island Music Hall Of Fame on November 16 at the famed Oheka Castle in Huntington, New York. While at the event, Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci spoke to the Artisan News Service about the band's recent split with drummer and founding member Mike Portnoy  and the group's future plans (see video below).

"We had some [drummer] auditions several weeks ago and we're gonna go into the studio and start recording in January, to do our [next album for] Roadrunner [Records]," Petrucci said.

Regarding Portnoy's departure, Petrucci said, "It wasn't easy. We had been in the band together with Mike for over 25 years and him leaving the band was a major shock and a major heartbreak to us, so the whole thing's been difficult. But we look ahead to the future positively."

Long Island Music Hall of Fame inductees are selected by the Long Island Music Hall of Fame Board of Directors from an evolving and growing list of people, artists, and entities that were born, raised, founded, or have resided on geographic Long Island (Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk) for a significant portion of their career.

Induction is based on historical importance and the significance of their contribution to Long Island’s rich musical heritage.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPbiasKhh7s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPbiasKhh7s</a>
บันทึกการเข้า

TRON
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 12866

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #846 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 12:09:54 PM »

ผมว่าทางออกที่ดีที่สุดของไมค์ตอนนี้คือตั้งวงใหม่ของตัวเองดีกว่า
บันทึกการเข้า
เพชร วิปลาส
Oxygene

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #847 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 12:35:12 PM »

Honor Thy Drummer: A Tribute to Mike Portnoy (3 Disc Album) FREE FULL DOWNLOAD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 25, 2010 – Independent musicians, graphic artists, and a computer graphics demogroup have collaborated on a grand scale multimedia tribute to Mike Portnoy, in celebration of over a quarter of a century of highly influential musicianship. Mike Portnoy’s early investment into the internet, as well as his relationship with the global fan base, created a fad-transcending musical community that continues to grow past the post quarter century mark.

Mike Portnoy has always possessed a strong commitment to bringing a diverse lineup of “under the radar” support bands on the road.  These tours introduced hundreds of thousands to some truly genre-defining music, and inspired a new generation with music that would have otherwise remained outside the public view.  “Mike, over the years, has fueled an online community with tireless energy and effort, of which it has been a pleasure to be a part of.  Members of the community feel that paying some of that energy forward is the least they could do to show their appreciation,” says compilation producer Anthony Morse.
The multimedia tribute appears in the form of a free three disc digital album, interviews, and some stunning music videos graphically generated by the legendary Greek demogroup Andromeda Software Development.

Honor Thy Drummer: A Tribute to Mike Portnoy contains 3 digital discs, 2 new, and a bonus 2009 retrospective disc featuring choice selections from the previous digital release MPF 2009.  Honor Thy Drummer features a diverse range of styles and approaches, drawing inspiration from Mr. Portnoy’s award winning approach to music, created by acts inspired by his musical influence.  The resulting music seamlessly crosses many musical boundaries weaving from heavy time-spanning progressive metal to concise folk.

The Honor Thy Drummer multimedia collection is available for free download at www.spaceprog.com.  It contains the digital album in MP3 format, a digital PDF booklet featuring photos, lyrics, and bios of the contributing artists. Two of three interviews with contributing artists Relocator, In Progress, and S.A. Adams, are included, and shed light on their collaborations with progressive metal superstars Derek Sherinian, Mark Zonder, and Mike Portnoy himself, all of whom play on the artists' tracks featured in Honor Thy Drummer.  The third interview will be released in January.

The scope of this endeavor reaches across the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, and the American continent.  This project, fueled by the hard work and dedication of all of the participants, resulted in a quality work free to the world, and without the complications of revenue generation.  The collection is, simply put, a high quality independent project available freely to all that desire the audio/visual experience.

Music Videos

In Progress featuring Mark Zonder - Leave Now

Standard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K979aqwpDLE

HQ Audio

http://www.vimeo.com/17753235

Standard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqvaQMQqiYI

HQ Audio

http://www.vimeo.com/16042629

Full Album Download
www.spaceprog.com

mirror
www.freempf.co.cc

Note from the producer:

I'm a huge JLB fan, and I am quite excited to be a new member here.  I hope you enjoy this project, and have a Happy Holiday!

Anthony

-------------------------
Thanks Anthony
บันทึกการเข้า

ท่านผีเพลง
Voyage Of The Acolyte

Phantom of the Paradise

« ตอบ #848 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 04:30:25 PM »

ไม่ว่าอะไรจะเกิดขึ้น
ที่แน่ๆ ของที่เจ้าโอสะสมไว้
ราคาพุ่งกระฉูดแน่นอน 555+++  ยิงฟันยิ้ม ยิงฟันยิ้ม ยิงฟันยิ้ม
บันทึกการเข้า

ǝɹoɔǝsıɐuuoʎɐɯʎɹbuɐ
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 8547

nagoya_mega_snake@windowslive.com
« ตอบ #849 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 09:17:53 PM »

เร็วๆนี้มีข่าวลือหนาหูว่ามือกลองคนใหม่ที่จะมาแทนตำแห่งของ Mike Portnoy คือ Marco Minnemann มือกลองจอมเทคนิคที่เคยผ่านงานกับวงอย่าง Necrophagist, Kreator, Illogicist, Ephel Duath และ Paul Gilbert มาแล้ว แต่จะจริงเท็จแค่ใหน จะเป็นเขาหรือไม่ ต้องรอดูกันต่อไปครับ
บันทึกการเข้า

Stay cheap, praise the explicit, embrace the scuzz, be true to art and yourself, eat shit, keep music evil.
lilivm's self-indulgence: https://rateyourmusic.com/~potatahtapapoh
poj
In The Court Of The Crimson King
กระทู้: 48

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #850 เมื่อ: 03 มกราคม 2011 | 09:50:27 PM »

JP แจ้งว่า เขาเข้า Studio แล้วครับ

อ้างถึง
First day in the studio and the dawn of a new era for DT. Can't wait to get the music flowing.

และยังไม่มีการประกาศว่า มือกลองใหม่คือใคร
สงสัยจะเป็น Roland รุ่น DR-880 มั๊ง  อิ อิ   ยิ้ม
บันทึกการเข้า

panyarak
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 9716

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #851 เมื่อ: 04 มกราคม 2011 | 06:40:01 AM »

เร็วๆนี้มีข่าวลือหนาหูว่ามือกลองคนใหม่ที่จะมาแทนตำแห่งของ Mike Portnoy คือ Marco Minnemann มือกลองจอมเทคนิคที่เคยผ่านงานกับวงอย่าง Necrophagist, Kreator, Illogicist, Ephel Duath และ Paul Gilbert มาแล้ว แต่จะจริงเท็จแค่ใหน จะเป็นเขาหรือไม่ ต้องรอดูกันต่อไปครับ

คนนี้เป็นมือกลองที่ออกทัวร์กับ Eddie Jobson และ John Wetton ในนาม Ultimate Zero ด้วยครับ
บันทึกการเข้า

The Black Tulip
Blade Runner
กระทู้: 2120

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #852 เมื่อ: 04 มกราคม 2011 | 08:47:34 AM »

มีข่าวว่า MP จะทำอัลบั้มใหม่กับ Steve Morse, Neal Morse, Dave LaRue & Casey McPherson น่าจะเป็นความจริง จากการเปิดเผยของ MP & Steve Morse
« แก้ไขครั้งสุดท้าย: 04 มกราคม 2011 | 08:49:37 AM โดย The Black Tulip » บันทึกการเข้า
undeaʇh
Fragile
กระทู้: 467

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #853 เมื่อ: 04 มกราคม 2011 | 08:53:28 AM »

ถ้าผมจำไม่ผิด เค้าเคยมาเปิดworkshopในบ้านเราด้วยนะครับ 3-4 ปีที่แล้วมั้ง
บันทึกการเข้า

ท่านผีเพลง
Voyage Of The Acolyte

Phantom of the Paradise

« ตอบ #854 เมื่อ: 04 มกราคม 2011 | 09:53:42 AM »

JP แจ้งว่า เขาเข้า Studio แล้วครับ

อ้างถึง
First day in the studio and the dawn of a new era for DT. Can't wait to get the music flowing.

และยังไม่มีการประกาศว่า มือกลองใหม่คือใคร
สงสัยจะเป็น Roland รุ่น DR-880 มั๊ง  อิ อิ   ยิ้ม
คิดได้งัยเนี่ย 555+
..แต่อาจต้องจ้างตาไมค์ มีเซ็ท-อัพเครื่องให้ ฮิๆ

พูดตรงๆ ตามความคิดผมนะ
พลังของมือกลอง ลดถอยลงมาเรื่อยๆ เทียบกับอัลบั้มต้นๆ
หรือ ที่นักฟังเพลงเรียกว่า
"ส่วนของเครื่องเคาะจังหวะ มีความละเอียด ละเมียดละไมมากขึ้น"
บันทึกการเข้า

หน้า: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102
พิมพ์
กระโดดไป:  

ThaiProg.net Ver 4.0 by tisanai,Shineon,kongbei
Top 10 Best Sellers in Kindle eBooks Reviewer 2016 Top 10 Best Sellers In Automotive Parts And Accessories Reviewer 2016 Top 10 Best Sellers in Tools and Home Improvement Under $10, Reviewer 2016
Top 10 Best Sellers in Clothing for 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers in Clothing Best Sellers in Clothing
Top 10 Best Sellers in Books reviewer 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers in Books Best Sellers in Books
Top 10 Best Sellers In Best Sellers In Grocery Reviewer 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers In Best Sellers In Grocery Best Sellers In Grocery