ยินดีต้อนรับคุณ, บุคคลทั่วไป กรุณา เข้าสู่ระบบ หรือ ลงทะเบียน

เข้าสู่ระบบด้วยชื่อผู้ใช้ รหัสผ่าน และระยะเวลาในเซสชั่น

การค้นหาขั้นสูง

149730 กระทู้ ใน 4436 หัวข้อ- โดย 847 สมาชิก - สมาชิกล่าสุด: axlrose

17 พฤษภาคม 2024 | 04:07:21 PM
หน้า: [1]
พิมพ์
ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: 'It Might Get Loud'  (อ่าน 6965 ครั้ง)
0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้
TRON
The Snow Goose
เพศ: ชาย
กระทู้: 12866

ดูรายละเอียด
« เมื่อ: 29 กันยายน 2008 | 03:31:34 PM »

'It Might Get Loud' Debuts at TIFF

What do you get when you put the legendary guitarists Jimmy Page, U2's The Edge, and the White Stripes' Jack White on screen together? An unbelievable Christmas gift that would please any rock fan for years over.

However, the documentary film, It Might Get Loud, directed by An Inconvenient Truth's Academy Award winning director, Davis Guggenheim, is far more than just a jam-session. It truly gives you an inside look at each of these legendary musicians and their take on the electric guitar.

But despite Page, The Edge, and White's great respect for Davis' work, there was some slight hesitation on their part, about what the project would be like and what would come of it.

"I was obviously aware of Davis' work prior to this. And I must say, the way that Davis presented this to me was quite unique, because you know my forte is actually playing music. I am more at home playing on live stage than any other place," said Page.

"I guess like Jimmy I were a little uncertain how it would work if you had musicians talking about their music," added The Edge.

"I thought to myself well this could be interesting if he happens to catch us on a good day or it could be incredibly boring and just so dull and something could go horribly wrong, and so we did the interview and at the end of the interview, I just thought, I get where he's coming from he's on to something here so, I said I am in!"

The Edge praised the film as more than just about the electric guitar, but also about the journey a musician takes.

"I think what he done is made a film everyone will find entertaining and will find interesting because he has made it not about just the technical part of guitar playing, not about the music, but the personal journeys that have brought the three of us through to the point we are now and doing what we do."

The documentary, which premiered at this year's Toronto Film Festival, was an idea born from producer Thomas Tull, a producer for the critically acclaimed Batman film, Dark Knight.

Tull a long time guitarist, spoke with Guggeinheim about a more original take on the electric guitar, focusing on its attributes as a musical instrument from the perspectives of several of the great guitarists.

"I have always wondered: what is it about this instrument more than any other that I think captures people's imagination, and why when you pick up this instrument does it just feel right... and nothing I had ever seen really felt like, 'yeah, that?s why you pick this up and why take that journey.'" Once Page, The Edge and White had signed up, Guggenheim went to work, learning from his experience on "An Inconvenient Truth" to first conduct audio rather than video interviews, to develop a narrative for each guitarist.

"The first interview with Jimmy, I flew to London, we sat in a hotel and we talked for 3 hours. Just audio, no cameras. And the next day we talked for 3 hours. I had no notes, no pre-disposition. And so whatever comes out of those interviews would be his story. Same thing with Jack, we might meet him in LA. With Edge, it was Burbank one day and then London the next, and I took those audio interviews home, cut them as stories, put them up on the wall and said, ok now I am ready to shoot."

"This process allowed me to figure out, now I know where these stories are going," added Guggenheim.

U2's The Edge praised the film, and touched on what has kept U2 around decade after decade. He cites overcoming the difficulty and fear of starting a fresh slate to record a new album.

"We fail most of the time, actually, and we got used to going in on any given day and coming out with nothing that is of any interest or value to us. But sometimes you just come along, and for whatever that we can't figure out, you hit on something new and something new fresh you get something great."

"We live for those moments"

The Edge cited Nick Singer from the Yah Ya's and the Secret Machines as a couple of exceptional new electric guitarists and musicians in the mainstream.
บันทึกการเข้า
kongbei
Administrator
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 6534

ขงปี่

pink_floyd@thaiprog.net
ดูรายละเอียด เว็บไซต์
« ตอบ #1 เมื่อ: 29 กันยายน 2008 | 04:17:31 PM »

หนัง ?
บันทึกการเข้า
TRON
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 12866

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #2 เมื่อ: 29 กันยายน 2008 | 04:20:16 PM »

เขาว่างั้นนะ น่าสนเหมือนกัน แต่เพิ่งรู้ว่า Jack White นี่มาเทียบรัศมี Jimmy Page กับ The Edge ด้วย  ฮืม
บันทึกการเข้า
.. polotoon ..
The Snow Goose
กระทู้: 18602

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #3 เมื่อ: 18 ธันวาคม 2009 | 10:44:41 AM »

ดูไปหน่อยแล้ว ถ่ายทำสวยดี คลิ๊ปคอนเสิร์ตของ The Edge ดูตื่นตาตื่นใจกว่าเพื่อน เพราะคนมากและอารมณ์ร่วมมากเหลือเกิน  ยิ้มกว้างๆ
บันทึกการเข้า

Layla F Mulder
Administrator
Blackfield
กระทู้: 3604

Without appreciation, the music isn't worth.

basnaphon@hotmail.com
ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #4 เมื่อ: 18 ธันวาคม 2009 | 10:50:55 AM »

ดูไปแล้ว เห็นด้วยว่าถ่ายทำสวยดี รู้สึกว่า The Edge จะดูแปลกแยกกว่าสองคนนั้นหน่อยนึง Jimmy Page เท่ห์มาก
บันทึกการเข้า

Tsundere (ツンデレ?) (pronounced /(t)sʌnˈdɪə(r)/ in English or /t͡sun.de.ɽe/ in Japanese) is a Japanese concept of a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, irritable, and/or violent personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone)
.. polotoon ..
The Snow Goose

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #5 เมื่อ: 18 ธันวาคม 2009 | 10:53:58 AM »

ดูไปแล้ว เห็นด้วยว่าถ่ายทำสวยดี รู้สึกว่า The Edge จะดูแปลกแยกกว่าสองคนนั้นหน่อยนึง Jimmy Page เท่ห์มาก
+1 ครับ ผมดู Page หลายทีแล้ว รู้สึกว่าหน้าตาเขา ออกจีนๆ ชอบแสดงท่าทางเหนียมๆ น่ารักดีครับ  ยิ้มกว้างๆ
บันทึกการเข้า

kongbei
Administrator
The Snow Goose

ขงปี่

pink_floyd@thaiprog.net
ดูรายละเอียด เว็บไซต์
« ตอบ #6 เมื่อ: 20 ธันวาคม 2009 | 02:37:29 PM »

ดูแล้วครับประทับใจ The Edge ที่สุด Jack White เท่มาก ส่วน Page ระดับนี้แล้วรู้ๆกันอยู่

ชอบที่ 3 คนแจมเพลง I Will Follow ของ U2 ไม่น่าเชื่อว่า จะได้ยิน Page เล่นเพลงของรุ่นน้อง
บันทึกการเข้า
Life Seeker
Selling England By The Pound
กระทู้: 140

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #7 เมื่อ: 10 มกราคม 2010 | 11:04:02 PM »

ชอบตอน Page โชว์อินโทรริฟฟ์ Whole Lotta Love อ่ะครับ

The Edge กับ Jack White ดูด้วยความทึ่งสุดๆ เลย เหมือนโดน Page สะกดให้อยู่ในภวังค์เลย เท่โคตรๆๆๆๆ
บันทึกการเข้า

The poet and the painter casting shadows on the water as the sun plays on the infantry returning from the sea.
.. polotoon ..
The Snow Goose

ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #8 เมื่อ: 11 มกราคม 2010 | 10:32:19 AM »

The Edge กับ Jack White ดูด้วยความทึ่งสุดๆ เลย เหมือนโดน Page สะกดให้อยู่ในภวังค์เลย เท่โคตรๆๆๆๆ
+1 เล่นกับใครไม่เล่น  ยิ้มกว้างๆ
บันทึกการเข้า

kongbei
Administrator
The Snow Goose

ขงปี่

pink_floyd@thaiprog.net
ดูรายละเอียด เว็บไซต์
« ตอบ #9 เมื่อ: 14 มกราคม 2010 | 06:53:08 PM »

+1 เล่นกับใครไม่เล่น  ยิ้มกว้างๆ

ถ้าคนธรรมดาอย่างเราๆ ได้ไปดูในระยะแบบนั้น ถือว่าเป็นบุญชีวิตทีเดียว
บันทึกการเข้า
JKNoremorse
Voyage Of The Acolyte
กระทู้: 4654

8 years later, woke up with two kids

jknoremorse@hotmail.com
ดูรายละเอียด
« ตอบ #10 เมื่อ: 22 มกราคม 2010 | 04:25:21 PM »

dvd ออกมาแล้วหนิครับ?  ฮืม
บันทึกการเข้า
Layla F Mulder
Administrator
Blackfield
กระทู้: 3604

Without appreciation, the music isn't worth.

basnaphon@hotmail.com
ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์
« ตอบ #11 เมื่อ: 22 มกราคม 2010 | 07:46:11 PM »

dvd ออกมาแล้วหนิครับ?  ฮืม

ใช่ครับ ออกมาได้ซักพักนึงแล้วครับ
บันทึกการเข้า

Tsundere (ツンデレ?) (pronounced /(t)sʌnˈdɪə(r)/ in English or /t͡sun.de.ɽe/ in Japanese) is a Japanese concept of a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, irritable, and/or violent personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone)
winston
The Dark Side of the Moon
กระทู้: 1016

Imagine there's no stairway to heaven

ดูรายละเอียด เว็บไซต์ อีเมล์
« ตอบ #12 เมื่อ: 07 กุมภาพันธ์ 2010 | 02:01:51 PM »

ได้ดูเพจเล่น Kashmir ให้น้องๆดู เหมือนนักมายากลเผลยเคล็ด
บันทึกการเข้า

Facebook group สำหรับคนรักเพลงทุกรูปแบบ.....

http://tinyurl.com/allmusiclovers
หน้า: [1]
พิมพ์
กระโดดไป:  

ThaiProg.net Ver 4.0 by tisanai,Shineon,kongbei
Top 10 Best Sellers in Kindle eBooks Reviewer 2016 Top 10 Best Sellers In Automotive Parts And Accessories Reviewer 2016 Top 10 Best Sellers in Tools and Home Improvement Under $10, Reviewer 2016
Top 10 Best Sellers in Clothing for 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers in Clothing Best Sellers in Clothing
Top 10 Best Sellers in Books reviewer 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers in Books Best Sellers in Books
Top 10 Best Sellers In Best Sellers In Grocery Reviewer 2017 Top 10 Best Sellers In Best Sellers In Grocery Best Sellers In Grocery